5 Reasons to Invest in the Katech 416 Short Block
By Steve Boldizsar
Product DevelopmentConduct a quick scan of racing headlines, and it won’t take long to find a racing team powered by a Katech engine. The drivers and teams across Trans-Am, FIA, American Le Mans, IRL, ALMS, SCCA Pro and other series, know what to expect from a Katech engine, and continue to rely on us to build engines that perform. In addition to racing, Katech has a solid reputation with owners of late model LS/LT-powered vehicles such as Chevrolet Corvette, and Camaro, Cadillac CTS-V, Pontiac Trans Am and G8, among others. In the past, the added performance of a Katech engine has been financially out of reach for some. That was before the release of the Katech production race prepped LS3 416 short block.
Here are five reasons why you should consider an upgrade to this new Katech engine:
1. Performance – For 40 years, Katech has demonstrated high performance and reliability on the track and the street. The new 416 short block foundation is capable of 900-plus horsepower with the right combination of camshafts, heads, intake valves and other parts. When you select the 416 and work with Katech on assembling the other engine components, you will feel the difference in your vehicle.
2. Price – We build high-end engines with performance parts, and we will never make excuses for that. Our racing record validates the investment. That said, we know there are a lot of car owners that want to upgrade their engines to get the most out of their vehicles. They also know the Katech name. Putting a Katech high-performance engine in your car with brand name parts is not out of reach. The 416 short block is priced right. We did not cut any corners with this block, and we are proud to stamp our name on it.
3. Precision – What sets apart Katech engines from everyone else is the experience and expertise in building and installing performance engines. From more than 40 years of building race-winning engines, we have developed proprietary methods of building and tuning engines. We have put that expertise and precision into the creation of the LS3 short block. When it comes to Katech engine, you know exactly what you’ll be getting.
4. Prestige – While a brand name may not guarantee you’ll win a race, the heritage behind that brand will. Katech has a deep history of racing success, most recently with Ernie Francis Jr. of Breathless Racing in the Trans Am series. Take a look at what he has accomplished with the Katech brand behind him. (http://breathlessperformanceracingteam.com/). We are constantly improving, and everything that we learn is applied to products for the street. You can absolutely count on Katech because of what we have done over the past 40 years. The same engine builders who have built championship-winning racing engines also assemble the 416 short block.
5. Possibilities – The Katech engine is the perfect upgrade for a variety of vehicles, including:
• Chevy Corvette
• Chevy Camaro
• Cadillac CTS-V
• Chevy TBSS/SSR
• Pontiac G8
• Chevy SS
• GM full size truck
When you invest in Katech engines, you are investing in endless possibilities for your vehicle. The 416 short block serves as a foundation that can be combined with other fine-tuned Katech parts and third-party products that will help you get the most out of your performance vehicle.
The LS3 416 short block comes with the following components:
• 58X callies forged crankshaft 4inch stroke,
• Callies forged connecting rods,
• Mahle forged 4.070 pistons/rings/pins,
• Block oil/coolant plugs, and
• Clevite bearings
You can put the Katech 416 in your vehicle with the confidence that you have a well-built engine that you can rely on time and time again, whether your spending a day at the track or cruising down the freeway.